2007 Kawasaki KLX™ 250S
KAWASAKI KLX™250S IS THE ULTIMATE LIGHTWEIGHT DUAL PURPOSE MOUNT.
Ultra-nimble 250 offers outstanding balance for trail riding.
For those seeking go anywhere off-road capabilities in a street legal motorcycle, Kawasaki's KLX™250S is equally at home on the pavement as when the riding terrain calls for enduro-like performance. Aggressively styled in the same manner as Kawasaki's KX™ motocross machines, the KLX250S features a lightweight electric-start engine with a wide powerband and a lightweight, high-tensile steel perimeter frame.
The KLX250S is powered by a compact, liquid-cooled, four-stroke, single-cylinder engine displacing 249cc. The engine is mounted towards the bottom of the perimeter frame, helping to deliver a low center of gravity and enhanced maneuvering on tight trails. A gear-driven engine balancer helps reduce engine vibration for greater comfort and less fatigue on longer rides.
The rigors of off-road motorcycling dictate additional protection for the exposed underside of most machines. The KLX250S comes standard with aluminum engine guards to protect the crankcase during off road adventures.
A throttle position sensor (TPS) helps the 34mm semi-flat slide Keihin CVK carburetor deliver the optimum amount of fuel for all riding conditions. This contributes to improved responsiveness and power, as well as increased fuel economy to help battle higher gasoline prices. Riders will notice the 26.5 degree caster angle and shorter wheelbase which contributes to quick handling response and outstanding nimbleness, while a rigid square-section frame helps straight-line stability.
The Uni-Trak® rear suspension offers 11 inches of travel and 16-way adjustable compression damping for excellent bump absorption in rigorous off-road situations. Up front, 43mm inverted cartridge-style front forks come with a 16-way adjustable compression damping and offer 11.2 inches of travel. Ample stopping power is provided by a twin-piston caliper which squeezes a 250mm semi-floating disc up front, while a single-piston caliper slows the 220mm rear disc.
Riders seeking enduro handling and modern engine performance in a dual-purpose motorcycle designed for effortless street riding will find it at their local Kawasaki dealership. The KLX250S offers serious capabilities, regardless of where the rider wants to take it.
- Compact engine design is lightweight and high revving, with a broad torque curve
- Good mass centralization for superior handling
- Flat-top piston and pentroof combustion chamber deliver an 11:1 compression ratio
- Lightweight piston, piston pin and connecting rod enable higher revs for maximum power
- Dual vertical-flow radiators provide reliable and efficient engine cooling
- Consistent engine temperatures promote long engine life and sustained power
- Allows tighter engine clearances for quieter running
- Provides maximum valve area for optimum flow to boost low end torque while providing
- Quick and easy push-button starting
- Kawasaki Automatic Compression Release (KACR) automatically lifts one of the exhaust valves at cranking rpm, for reduced starting effort
- Allows engine's full potential to be used
- Provides excellent acceleration as well as relaxed highway cruising
- 43mm inverted cartridge fork offers excellent rigidity and consistent damping performance
- 11.2 in. of travel for serious off-road capability
- 16-Way compression damping adjustment allows tuning for differences in rider weight or terrain types
- Progressive linkage rate provides a smooth ride and excellent bottoming resistance
- Lightweight aluminum swingarm reduces unsprung weight
- 11.0 in of travel
- Shock features 16-way adjustable compression damping
- Lightweight, high-tensile steel for amazing rigidity
- No down tubes for lower engine placement and lower center of gravity
- Good ground and cornering clearance
- Balanced actuation front brake caliper for excellent feel and long pad wear
- Powerful, reliable stopping performance
- Narrow tank design gives riders maximum comfort and control
- Engine Type: 4-Stroke, Liquid-Cooled, DOHC, 4-Valve Single
- Displacement: 249 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 72.0 x 61.2 mm
- Compression Ratio: 11.0:1
- Cooling: Liquid
- Carburetor: Keihin CVK34
- Ignition: Digital CDI
- Transmission: 6-Speed
- Final Drive: Chain
- Frame: Semi-double cradle, high-tensile steel
- Rake/Trail: 26.5°/4.2 in. (107mm)
- Front Tire Size: 80/100-21
- Rear Tire Size: 100/100-18
- Front Suspension / wheel travel: 43mm Inverted Cartridge Fork with 16-Way Compression Damping Adjustment / 11.2 in.
- Rear Suspension / wheel travel: Uni-Trak® with Adjustable Preload, 16-Way Compression and Rebound Damping Adjustment / 11.0 in.
- Wheelbase: 56.5 in. (1435mm)
- Front Brake: 250mm semi-floating disc with two-piston hydraulic caliper
- Rear Brake: 220mm disc with single-piston hydraulic caliper
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 1.9 gal. (7.2 l)
- Ground Clearance: 11.6 in.
- Seat Height: 34.8 in. (885mm)
- Dry Weight: 262 lb. (119 kg)
- Overall length: 84.1 (2135mm)
- Overall width: 34.8 (885mm)
- Overall height: 47.6 (1210mm)
- Color: Lime Green
- Warranty: 12 months
- Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
- Engine Type
- 4-Stroke, Liquid-Cooled, DOHC, 4-Valve Single
- 249 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 72.0 x 61.2 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Keihin CVK34
- Digital CDI
- Front Suspension
- 43mm Inverted Cartridge Fork with 16-Way Compression Damping Adjustment / 11.2 in.
- Rear Suspension
- Uni-Trak® with Adjustable Preload, 16-Way Compression and Rebound Damping Adjustment / 11.0 in.
- Front Brakes
- 250mm semi-floating disc with two-piston hydraulic caliper
- Rear Brakes
- 220mm disc with single-piston hydraulic caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 56.5 in. (1435mm)
- Seat Height
- 34.8 in. (885mm)
- 26.5 deg.
- 4.2 in. (107mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.9 gal. (7.2 l)
- Dry Weight
- 262 lbs. (119 kg)
- Final Drive
- Lime Green
- 12 months