2018 Royal Enfield Himalayan
Call for Price
Royal Enfield’s most versatile motorcycle, able to take riders almost everywhere they want to go - on road or off-road. The only motorcycle you will ever need.
The Himalayan combines outstanding versatility and all-day comfort for all rides.
Long-travel suspension, natural upright riding position, a durable and torquey engine all add up to a comfortable ride for you, whether it’s on the highway, city streets, or remote mountain roads.
The Himalayan is fit to be your only motorcycle.
- All of Himalayan’s sums and parts work in perfect harmony to utilize the energy of the terrain it traverses. A grounded stance, terrain tested suspension, dual purpose tires combined with agile handling means the Himalayan can handle any off road environments.
- Chassis: The Himalayan features a half-duplex split cradle frame which is robotic welded for greater precision and strength. This advanced chassis is designed to keep the rider close to the motorcycle’s center for a connected feel and responsive handling in all riding conditions.
- Suspension: For the first time Royal Enfield employs a monoshock suspension in the rear, the long travel of which keeps the tires of the Himalayan in contact with the road at all times and delivers a smooth ride regardless of terrain.
- Ground Clearance: A 9in of ground clearance means crossing deeper rivers, going over bigger rocks, traversing further and finding that special place off the map.
- Wheels & tires: A tread pattern that works across terrains to provide a rider the confidence to go further. Massive 21’’ in the front provide the ability to roll over higher obstacles while the rear 17’’ wheel digs in for all the traction to enjoy any terrain a rider traverses.
- Ergonomics: The upright riding position of the Himalayan creates a comfortable rider interface ideal for extended rides. The optimized handlebar, seat and footpeg positioning, along with a narrow fuel tank, allow you to swiftly switch from sitting to a stand-and-ride position with ease whenever the terrain demands it.
- Upswept Silencer: A high-placed angular up-swept exhaust means unprecedented water wading capacity.
- The Himalayan cradles a rider in its low seat height, the handlebars and footpegs work in perfect sync to unite the rider with the motorcycle for a comfortable upright posture. The inherent mounting points in the front and back let you strap up and set off anytime, while the LCD instrument cluster keeps you in track of miles to maintenance.
- Ride Posture: A low set-in seat position ensure that you are in reach of the ground below at all times while the perfectly synchronized foot peg and handlebar placement ensure a comfortable upright riding posture that keeps you fatigue free for longer hours on the road.
- Instrument Cluster: From miles to maintenance, ambient temperatures to the direction you are headed in, the Himalayan keeps track of everything for a rider, ensuring you are always well aware of your surroundings at all times.
- Luggage: The Himalayan is designed inherently with mounting points at the front and back that let a rider strap-up and set-off anytime.
- Seat Height: The seat of the Himalayan motorcycle makes touring easy and accommodating. Tapered at the front, making it easier to touch the ground, the seat is wide at the rear for a comfortable and supportive ride.
- Higher Placed Headlamps: A high intensity headlamp placed high atop the fuel tank exoskeleton for superior spread and projection lights up every thing you need to see.
- LS410 Single cylinder. 4-stroke. A strong low end torque to clear obstacles. Wide useable power to suit all riding conditions.
- Long Stroke: True to Royal Enfield’s engine DNA, the longstroke LS410 delivers the key low-end torque, giving you usable power at lower RPMs for in-city conditions and all the pulling power required when you go off-road.
- Overhead Cam: The engine has been designed keeping in mind real world riding. A healthy spread of torque across the RPM range will ensure the rider is not left hunting for drive—good low end and midrange torque to clear obstacles; and sufficient top end power for all-day highway cruising.
- The Crank: A robust 3-piece construction shaft combined with a counter balancer and fewer moving parts reduce unwanted vibrations and smoothens out the overall ride experience.
- Cooling System: The external cooling system for the crankcase oil, controls engine temperature under the harshest of use & improves performance, service intervals and reduces wear and tear.
- Type: Single cylinder, air-cooled, 4 stroke, SOHC
- Displacement: 411cc
- Bore x Stroke: 78 mm x 86 mm
- Compression Ratio: 9.5 : 1
- Maximum Power: 24.5 bhp (18.02 kw) @ 6500 rpm
- Maximum Torque: 23.6 ft/lb. @ 4000-4500 rpm
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
- Gearbox: 5 Speed Constant Mesh
- Lubrication: Wet sump
- Fuel Supply: Electronic Fuel Injection
- Engine Start: Electric
- Type: Half-duplex split cradle frame
- Front Suspension: Telescopic, 41mm forks, 200mm travel
- Rear Suspension: Monoshock with linkage, 180mm wheel travel
- Wheelbase: 58 in.
- Ground Clearance: 8.6 in.
- Length: 86 in.
- Width: 33 in.
- Seat Height: 31.5 in.
- Height: 53 in. (Flyscreen top)
- Curb Weight: 421 lb.
- Fuel Capacity: 4 gal.
- Front Tire: 90/90-21 in.
- Rear Tire: 120/90-17 in.
- Front Brake: 300 mm disc, 2-piston floating caliper
- Rear Brake: 240 mm disc, single piston floating caliper
- Electrical System: 12 volt - DC
- Battery: 12 Volt, 8 Ah
- Head Lamp: 12V H4 60 / 55 W
- Tail Lamp: 12V 21 / 5 W
- Engine Type
- Single cylinder, 4 stroke, SOHC
- Bore and Stroke
- 78 mm x 86 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 9.5 : 1
- Fuel System
- Electronic fuel injection
- 5 speed constant mesh
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic, 41mm forks, 200mm travel
- Rear Suspension
- Monoshock with linkage, 180mm wheel travel
- Front Brakes
- 300 mm disc, 2-piston floating caliper
- Rear Brakes
- 240 mm disc, single piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 90/90-21 in.
- Rear Tire
- 120/90-17 in.
- 58 in.
- Seat Height
- 31.5 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4 gal.
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 421 lb.